Frequency Asked Questions (FAQs) | MACES

Connect with us: +8801755660012 | |

Frequency Asked Questions

MACES is a young enthusiastic Education consulting service for students who are looking for higher education opportunities abroad. We provide professional guidance counseling to serious students.
MACES represents academic institutions in the UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Australia and Malaysia.
Most institutions require a partial deposit of tuition fee before issuing the final document based on which a student can apply for the visa. Deposit is only mandatory for institutions that require it. If the institution does not require a deposit prior to issuing the final confirmation then no deposit is required before visa. It may be noted however, that payment of deposit beforehand is beneficial to the student since it shows genuine commitment of the student to study in the institution. All deposit payments made prior to visa are adjusted with tuition fees and so the student does not end up paying anything extra. It may also be mentioned that All institutions we work with provide a full refund in case the visa is refused. Some institutions do deduct a nominal administrative fee if a refund needs to be provided. Please speak with your MACES counselor or interested universities to find out more.
  • University Application Form (Available with MACES)
  • All previous Academic Certificates and Transcripts
  • Copy of Passport
  • IELTS/TOEFL/IGCSE results (if available)
  • Certain Masters and MBA programs require 2-3 years of work experience. In case where work experience is required the student needs to show evidence of work experience
  • Personal Statement or Statement of purpose stating why the student is interested to study the particular subject as well as the particular institution
  • Recommendation letter from Teacher or employer
  • Contact one of our counselors who can give up-to-date information about available scholarships in our partner institutions.
  • Alternatively, you can check available scholarships on the University/College website
International students are usually allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia during studies. During the summer and other school holidays students allowed to work full-time. Japan allows international students to work 28 hours per week. In Malaysia the 20 hour per week work is only allowed during semester breaks or holidays over seven days.
Your IELTS score will show the university your level of English language speaking and comprehension. The minimum requirements vary depending upon the institution and the course. (For example, Coventry University requires a 6.5 in IELTS for Postgraduate courses, for Undergraduate course 6.0.)
For most courses there is no specific application deadline for the UK or for pathway programs in the USA or any other countries; however it is best to consult with your education counselor at MACES to decide on the optimal application date. Students are advised to plan at least 4-6 months before the academic year begins. The application process along with visa is usually time consuming, however students may apply as late as the month before course starts for some courses. Please contact with us for further information.
No. Every application is carefully considered by the respective country’s consular section before entry clearance/visa is provided. No one can guarantee a visa, however it may be mentioned that MACES has an excellent success rate with student visas.
We provide the following services to all of our students:
  • Assistance with university/college selection and application
  • Advice and follow up on accommodation and application
  • Advice on English Language preparation.
  • Advice and processing Visa application
  • Advice on finance and insurance for your travel and studies. (For example, living cost and travel insurance.)
  • Follow up after arrival (airport pick up, accommodation, enrolment)
No. Our services are completely free of charge to the student, however we do take a fully refundable deposit of TK. 5,000 at the time of application. This deposit is refunded fully at the time that the first installment is made to the university or college. This is only to discourage non-serious students to apply and take away important resources from the serious applicants.
This depends on the institution, course, study level (undergraduate or postgraduate) and the city you intend to stay. Course fees will be discussed when you get in touch with our counselor, when you come to apply. You can find up-to-date information on the institution’s website.
It depends on the Institution. Normally it takes 1-3 weeks but sometimes it can take longer.
Most of the institutions accept payments by installments. Installment modes usually vary by institution. Few institutions offer discounts if the student pays the full tuition fee before enrollment. For more details, please contact with us.

This really depends on the country of study.

In UK a student has to attain a job which will pay them approximately GBP 24,000 per year and they should be able to work for 2 years.

In USA students get 1 year or 2 years of Optional Practical Training permit depending on the nature of their degree. During this OPT period, students are allowed to work in any institution that will recruit them.

In Canada students get the opportunity to work up to 3 years depending on the length of their degree.

In Japan and Malaysia students need to attain employment at a company which will sponsor them for an employment visa. Most of our students in Japan are able to secure employment before graduation and are able to extend their permission to stay.

IELTS is not required at the time of application, however it will be required eventually as one of the academic conditions before receiving the final confirmation letter. If the IELTS result is below the required level, the students may be asked to attend additional pre-sessional English classes before the start of the course. The length of the pre-sessional English course depends on the IELTS result of the student.
Generally, you will need:
  • Passport
  • All academic certificates and transcript.
  • All academic certificates and transcript.
  • TB screening report (for UK)
  • Visa Letter
  • Financial statement or Bank Statement.
  • Photographs
  • Visa application forms
  • Email:
  • PABX: +8801755660012
  • Mobile: +8801713275311, +8801713275312, +8801713275313,+8801713275315,+8801713275316, +8801742505099